The Details Subtab is where the details of the passengers travelling, such as name and age, are listed. It is also where payments and refunds are recorded for an Itinerary.
Pax override is used to indicate the total number of passengers travelling on an Itinerary. For example 4 people are travelling, but you only want to record the contact details of one passenger. It is useful in situations where you do not know the Names of every Passenger, but you know how many Passengers there are, or when you do not wish to detail the Name of every Passenger. If this field is populated, it can also be pulled through to a customised report, if desired.
Room types is used for Group bookings and Packages.
To add a Room, click the yellow plus button , which will open a drop-down menu with your Room Type options. These options are pulled from Option Configs in your Setup.
Once the line has been added, input the required number of rooms of that type, into the Rms Bkd field. In the example below, my Itinerary is for two people, as such they will need one Double room. Make sure to Save when finished.
A passenger in Tourwriter is an individual travelling on an Itinerary. You may refer to these as clients, customers or contacts.
Passengers can be added to the Clients’ Passengers workspace in two ways:
- Adding a Passenger to an Itinerary only
- Creating a permanent Contact Card, and attaching this to an Itinerary.
Adding a Passenger to an Itinerary Only
Members of the group or family can be added to the Passengers workspace by using and typing over the text New Member. From the drop down box choose the age-group to which the person belongs. If required, the Age of the members can be typed in alongside the Age-group.
Creating a Permanent Contact Card, and Attaching this to an Itinerary
- Open the Contacts Menu and select the folder in which you want to store the contact
- Right click on the folder, select New > New Contact. A New Contact card will open
- Complete the contact details for each Tab, then select Save and Close
- Drag and drop the New Contact card from the Contacts Menu into the Passengers work space of the Clients Tab in the Itinerary
- Save the Itinerary
Create the Contact Card from the Clients Tab of the Itinerary
- Click the on the Passengers work space and type over the text New Member
- Click the More button or double click the Passenger record
- A pop up will appear The data does not exist, would you like to create it?. Click Yes
- A New Contact card will open
- Complete the contact details for each Tab
- Select Save and Close and Save the Itinerary
The benefit of creating a contact card for a Passenger is that their email address is stored in Tourwriter, and reports (e.g. Quotation) can be emailed directly to them from Tourwriter.
Please note that the contact card will not appear in the Contacts Menu until you refresh the Contacts Menu (parent folder). Do this by right clicking the Contacts folder and selecting Refresh.
Client Payments and Refunds
The Client’s payments and refunds workspace allows users to record payments received from passengers or agents for this Itinerary. These payment details pull through onto the Client Pricing report, Client Pricing Detailed report and can be coded to appear on custom itinerary reports.
- To add a payment or refund, click the
- Apply the payment to a passenger from the Person Name drop down list. A passenger must be added to the Passengers workspace before being able to allocate a payment
- Select the payment type
- Complete the Details field. This information will pull through onto the Client Pricing Detailed report. For example, Deposit payment
- The Sale field is only completed if your are integrating Tourwriter with your Accounting software
- Select the Date of payment or refund
- Type in the Amount of the payment. If it is a refund, add a – in front of the amount
- Save your changes
IMPORTANT – Payments and refunds can only be recorded in the Itinerary Output Currency. You cannot change the Itinerary Output Currency if payments or refunds have been recorded against an Itinerary.